POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Difference between +A0 and +A0.0001? : Difference between +A0 and +A0.0001? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Difference between +A0 and +A0.0001?
From: Shay
Date: 25 Apr 2004 11:00:11
Message: <408bd27b@news.povray.org>
Am I mistaken that there is a difference? I started a print quality render
on a work computer before leaving this weekend. The image is not really
slow, but there are a lot of thin lines, so I tried the settings:

+A0.0001;  +AM1;  +R9;

Assuming that this would supersample any pixels with a visual difference. I
waited to see the first lines at the top of the image, and they looked bad.
They weren't thin enough to be missed, they just looked pixelated. Changing
to:

+A0;  +AM1;  +R9;

Supersampled even the white background, but the lines looked great. Am I
misunderstanding something about command line options?

 -Shay