POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : bicubic bezier and hermite patches : Re: bicubic bezier and hermite patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bicubic bezier and hermite patches
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Date: 17 Mar 2004 06:50:57
Message: <40583ba1$1@news.povray.org>
As I was able to compute all but the four inner bezier controlpoints (or the
hermite twist vectors) I searched the internet again and found the following
equation to convert from bezier to hermite (or vice versa):

d^2P/dudv(0,0) = 9(P00-P011+P10-P11)

I'll have to try it, but it looks promising.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!
-Sascha