POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : bicubic bezier and hermite patches : bicubic bezier and hermite patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  bicubic bezier and hermite patches
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Date: 9 Mar 2004 06:56:25
Message: <404db0e9@news.povray.org>
I'd like to convert the 16 control-points of a (bicubic) bezier patch into a
hermite patch and vice versa.
I know how to do it for curves, but with patches I don't know how the 4 inner
bezier-controlpoints can be converted into the "twist vectors" of the hermite
form (and vice versa).
What do the twist vectors actually represent?
Do you know an equation, or a link to some paper describing this issue?

Thanks for your help!