POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC statictics site : Re: IRTC statictics site Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:07:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC statictics site
From: Shay
Date: 2 Mar 2004 11:12:34
Message: <4044b272$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

| We have a distinct trend in fewer and fewer entrants it seems.  Yet
| these newsgroups seem to be as lively as ever.  I can't keep up with
| all the threads.  I wonder, can you analyte the data and see if there
| is any trend in the number or percentage of new participants versus
| returning? Say if you pick some threshold, for an individual's degree
| of participation, does it peak and then wane?  Have regulars moved on?
| Is this a constant process or was there a bulge?  Does the data reveal
| anything more about this trend?

The statistic in which I would be interested, although I doubt the
discovery of it could be automated, would be the percentage of entries
per round made with commercial software. This seems to be less a free
software competition and more an amateur commercial software competition
every round. This is just a feeling. I haven't taken the time to
actually count.

 -Shay