POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Ken
Date: 24 Feb 2004 22:17:32
Message: <403C146F.38604E10@tag.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> though this thread
> makes it clear that at least some people consider them to be of great
> interest. It's almost at the 200 message mark...

I am still unconvinced that the greater majority will be served by the
addition of OO capabilities. I see a handful of dedicated programmers
in this discussion discussing what makes a program OO compliant but the
average joe-blow POV-Ray user is conspicuously absent in this discussion.

How much program bloat will it add and how many people will be served by
it? If it's just to provide a new toy, for a few dedicated programming
enthusiasts, rather than to act as a significant improvement for the
mainstream user, I don't think it is worth the effort.

--
Ken Tyler