POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Tek
Date: 22 Feb 2004 20:12:01
Message: <40395361@news.povray.org>
>   To that I responded basically "if this someone" (ie not you) "uses your
> library for some time-critical application and does not know what the
> operator does, then he is in the wrong business".

Ah, I see. Yes, that is not an insulting statement to make, I simply
misinterpretted your meaning.

However, I find in my line of work that if you have to rely on people being able
to write good code, you will get an inferior result. We find these practices
make our style of coding easier, hence we use them. For more high-level
applications this approach would bog things down too much.

>   So no, I was not directing any insult or anything else against you
> personally.

In that case I shall stick to my policy of generally not interpretting anything
as an insult :)

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com