POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Dan P
Date: 22 Feb 2004 19:22:57
Message: <403947e1$1@news.povray.org>
news:403946d7@news.povray.org...
> Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>   Although you might feel like it, this is not a place where regulars
> select some newcomer at random and start attacking him as a team effort.
> That would be completely silly.
>   If you are receiving tons of negative responses, then think about why
> that may happen. It's certainly not a conspiracy against you personally.

Actually, I think I am wired a little different. Here's an example: when you
said to someone, "If you don't know what operator+() does with the type you
are using, then you should seek another job, IMHO," I thought that was far
worse than anything I have ever said to anybody on here by at least a factor
of 10. I've never said you weren't qualified to do your job or even hinted
at it. In my response, I indirectly said that I wouldn't want you working
for /me/. But, I think you aren't using an active reference in your
sentence. What I mean by that is I read your message as, "You, poster, don't
know what the operator +() does and, therefore, you should seek another
job." What I think you must be saying, if it isn't insulting, is, "If some
person doesn't know whwat operator +() does with the type you are using,
then that person should seek another job." Even that could be taken the
wrong way, but it is not direct and, therefore, not an "attack".

I think we have different parsers and I'm going to have to adjust mine to
get along here. Plus, I felt way more negatively about what I thought you
were saying because I have to deal with that on a daily basis and it just
makes my job hard... I was emotional and /wrong/ for being so.

Can I get another chance at fixing my parser?