POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Dan P
Date: 22 Feb 2004 18:42:53
Message: <40393e7d@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message

> > more
> >
> > Thank you, Warp. This has been a puzzle for me for some time now: why do
so
> > many programmers write such awful code? At first, I thought it was
because
> > they didn't want other programmers to understand it because they could
be
> > replaced. Then, I figured it was just because they were engineers with
no
> > sense of cognitive psychology. Finally, I read your message, and now I
> > understand it: these engineers are doing the world a /favor/ by making
code
> > hard to read because it makes other programmers think more. I get it
now!
> > It's alturism.
> >
> > Don't send me a resume.
>
> Warp didn't write that. And even if he had, your attack would have been
> completely unwarranted. Speaking as a member of the TAG, please stop
> these personal attacks, insults, and other anti-social behavior. Now.

That wasn't an attack, that was sarcasm. I apologize, Warp; I didn't realize
that wasn't you that said that. Chris, if you want to single me out, okay,
but this group is anything but friendly and I'm just as happy to remove it
from my newsgroups list as you are to remove me from it. Because I feel
personally attacked every time I write a message on this board, particularly
when I post code of any sort. Messages like, "You should read an OO book"
are pretty damned insulting and pretty damned personal so I ask you,
politely, to remove the double-standard when wielding your "big stick".