POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Dan P
Date: 22 Feb 2004 17:55:25
Message: <4039335d$1@news.povray.org>
> > Tek <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> > > We like the clunkier syntax *because* it is harder to use and requires
more
> > > thought from the programmer. In our situation this is a good thing.

Thank you, Warp. This has been a puzzle for me for some time now: why do so
many programmers write such awful code? At first, I thought it was because
they didn't want other programmers to understand it because they could be
replaced. Then, I figured it was just because they were engineers with no
sense of cognitive psychology. Finally, I read your message, and now I
understand it: these engineers are doing the world a /favor/ by making code
hard to read because it makes other programmers think more. I get it now!
It's alturism.

Don't send me a resume.