POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Tek
Date: 22 Feb 2004 16:30:59
Message: <40391f93@news.povray.org>
> Game coding and movie special-effects both have the advantage that once
> released, you're likely to never look at the code again. (Well, at least
> until they started doing MMORPGs and such.)

Not true, we do sequels. Every game I've worked on has used elements of an
engine from an earlier game, so we try to write code that helps us do that. For
our applications it is more useful to see which function is being called than to
see a simpler looking piece of code that has a complex back end.

I guess what I'm saying is normal people look at a piece of code to work out
what it does, games programmers look at it to see how it does it.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com