POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Dan P
Date: 19 Feb 2004 01:40:56
Message: <40345a78$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:403### [at] hotmailcom...

> > "Tom Melly" <pov### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message

<snip />

> > red_sphere.pigment.color = new Color.White
> Well if it allows you to have an object that is called red_sphere but
> is actually white then we are in deep trouble.

Heheh :-)

> Just kidding, I understand what you mean. My first reaction would be
> that pigments can be much more complicated than just a simple color.
> That is what POV makes exciting. I do not immediately see how you can
> handle that complexity in a understandable way. I will think about that
> (later).

Could do red_sphere.pigment.image_map.file and stuff too. Any level of
indirection. OO gives smarter people than I the ability to do things I'd
never dream of with it. The more flexible the code can be, the more people
will find ways to do new, interesting stuff.