POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Tek
Date: 18 Feb 2004 23:30:15
Message: <40343bd7@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote
> In article <Xns94937169A2BACseed7@news.povray.org>,
>  ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
> > If I want to read and understand those future OO-scenefiles, I'll have to
> > learn the new features. "Use" is more than just writing scenes.
>
> And reading and understanding the ugly, complex hacks used to work
> around the lack of object oriented features would be easier?

Or understanding entries to the short code contest? ;)

But seriously, I've seen plenty of scene files where I don't have a clue what's
happening, like where they use some feature of pov that I've never seen before.
Sometimes I think it's worth reading the manual to find out what it does,
sometimes I decide I'd rather not know. I don't think OO would make this much
worse.

Though I do think OO would run the risk of getting too far away from the SDL
being a language to describe scenes (objects that are conceptual not visible!?).

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com