POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 : Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 18 Feb 2004 17:23:27
Message: <4033e5df$1@news.povray.org>
In article <4033dd04$1@news.povray.org> , Marc Roth <mar### [at] rothconsultcom>
wrote:

> trust me, i have to use it every day... the problem is, that the walls
> in our house are to thick for it to work properly... i made a check via
> the ping utility over a week about 20% of the pings didn't arrive
> but i do agree that it *should* be as reliable as any other network in a
> more common situation ;)

A ping is not a reliable way to check network reliability.  Your problems
are more likely due to faulty or incompatible equipment with unreliable
drivers (especially many recent cheap WLAN cards tend to have this problem).
They do not create a WLAN at all.  Throwing away the noname cards and base
station and replacing them with brand name equipment will get rid of such
problems.  Really!

Some of those noname cards cannot keep a network up even if they sit next to
each other!  With brand name hardware it will work just fine and signals
pass at least through two 18 cm reinforced concrete floors and three 25 cm
brick walls (my home setup).  Or work 70 m away from your home.  At least
they did for me in the past four years.  And in many different locations and
setups it also works reliably.  You really need reliable hardware, that is
all ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde