POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 : JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5
From: Marc Roth
Date: 18 Feb 2004 10:04:18
Message: <40337ef2$1@news.povray.org>
hi everybody.
is there a possibilty to have the output of a render as a jpg file?
because in the message window of povray it says "LibJPEG 6b, Copyright
1998 Thomas G. Lane"... i didn't find a commandline-switch or something
to change the output to jpg, but if it's not possible, why mention the
JPEG-llibrary?
an alternative would be a program i can use in a batchfile to convert
files from bmp to jpg, if possible with low quality loss, like acdsee
does. i need this because i want to make an animation with 1500 frames,
but at 640x480 this would need 900kb per picture, resulting in almost
1.5GB of files. this would not be a problem if i were rendering on my
own pc, but i have to do it on another machine to which i have only slow
access via wlan.
thanks for listening to me, and if this is the wrong newsgroup, please
point me to the right one.
bye
	Marc