POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Some math aid required... : Some math aid required... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:47 EDT (-0400)
  Some math aid required...
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 10 Feb 2004 06:22:02
Message: <4028beda$1@news.povray.org>
so, I've got the following formula to calculate Bezier-Splines:

Point_1*pow(1-Mover,3)+
Point_2*3*pow(1-Mover,2)*Mover-
Point_3*3*pow(Mover,2)*(1-Mover)+
Point_4*pow(Mover,3)

(I guess that formula should be known around pro's, but I've posted it here
to make descriptions easier. Mover is the value that runs from 0 to 1 from
beginning to end of the spline-segment, where one segment is made of four
points: starting- and end-point, and two control-points).

Anyways, I need to calculate the direction/tangent of the spline at any
given position. I'm somehow stuck, probably because my head is still filled
with the last exam I just wrote. Any help, or links?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"