POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Dan P
Date: 7 Feb 2004 16:26:15
Message: <402557f7$1@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> "Tom Galvin" <tom### [at] imporg> wrote in message
> > "Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in
> >
> > > http://<broken link>/coldsuite/coldstitch/COLDstitch.exe
> >
> > gdiplus.dll could not be found
>
> Wow, it looks like I'll have to distribute that file as well. I'll zip-up
> the release build when I get back home tonight. This is one of those times
> when I wish I was programming for the Mac again.

Okay, I found it -- my installer will have to set this up when I deploy the
app --

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=BFC0B436-9015-43E2-81A3-54938B6F4614

Again, COLDstitch is designed to exploit the Windows OS, and anything below
98 won't be supported (and anything below XP/2000 won't have the transparent
dialog box either, but that's going to be optional).

I use the CImage class in GDI+ to load the PNG. However, if I find I don't
use that class anywhere else in the application, I'm going to dump it and
just put a solid bitmap up there because it isn't worth limiting my audience
for an about box (no matter how cool it would look to have a transparent one
like Photoshop does).

PS: Sweet IRTC animation, Tom! May your reaper find SPAM asap :-)