POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 4 Feb 2004 21:54:42
Message: <4021b072@news.povray.org>
In article <40219d4b$1@news.povray.org> , "Dan P"
<dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> What you described is a really concise way of doing it in C, I think. Also,
> Visual C++ .NET has the try{} catch{} structure now. I'm not sure if the
> latest version of g++ has something like that yet, but I wouldn't be
> surprised if it did or does soon.

Sorry, I cannot resist:

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

Oh, and for anybody else wondering why I am laughing, the "try{} catch{}
structure", correctly called exception handling, has been around for much
longer (since the mid-1980s) than he claims to have been a programming
(since 1989).  Visual C++ as well as g++ (the gcc C++ compiler) have
supported exception handling for as long as they have supported C++.  And
exception handling has been mentioned in any C++ book in the last decade.
Very hard to miss for anybody who has ever written a single line of C++
code!

Thus, there is no longer any doubt that he is just a troll who has wasted
our time in the past few days :-(

q.e.d.

So, I have to apologise to every serious visitor around for having fed this
troll for such a long time!  Seriously!  I should have just really killfiled
him, not just said so.  Sorry!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg