POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Dan P
Date: 4 Feb 2004 15:07:18
Message: <402150f6$1@news.povray.org>
news:40214caa@news.povray.org...
> Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>   I think I get it now: You are not serious; you can't be. You are just
> joking around, amusing yourself with the responses you get. (Well, that's
> the very definition of a troll.)
>   Either that, or you desperately need professional help.
>
>   For your sake, I hope it's just the former.

I'll admit, I am amused by your responses, but that is why I continue to
post. It's actually a culture thing. Let me explain.

In my culture, the American culture, it is not customary for us to start
fights (although we sometimes break that custom, of course, just like any
custom anywhere) but to end them. We have a saying here: "Don't tread on
me". We don't back down when you insult us and if you want to exchange fire,
then we will return it with vigor and fight to the bitter end. If you trace
through this thread, you will see that I didn't start this fight. I don't
turn the other cheek and neither does my culture. I'm not Jesus. I offered,
just like my culture does, to be helpful. That doesn't mean I or my culture
is weak. Don't forget that and we'll get along just fine.

Now, if you want to keep firing away with your insults, you go ahead. But if
you are going to cry when they come back your way, you shouldn't pull the
trigger in the first place. If I am stupid and it is self-evident, as you
few keep saying, then you don't need to point it out, do you? Just let me
make an ass out of myself. Just ignore me and I'll go away, right? Or, deny
me access to the boards, if you really think this is trolling. But you know
it isn't. You know what is driving this thread and you know that this is
limited to this thread. So, if you want the thread to end, stop posting.

Learn not to tread on me and we'll be fine.