POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Warp
Date: 4 Feb 2004 11:16:54
Message: <40211af6@news.povray.org>
Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> >   I find it quite sad that you despise someone's programming experience
> > based solely on when he graduated.

> Warp, what ballfield are you playing in, man? Did I ever say I despised
> anybody's programming experience? Where are you getting these things? No
> wonder this has been such a struggle -- who are you arguing with?

  This is a direct quote from a reply of yours to Thorsten:

"I looked you up and, wow, I didn't realize how fresh out of school you were.
You graduated with a BS in 2001? I'm really sorry, man, I didn't mean to get
old-school on you. I just assumed you had more experience based on your
attitude. When I said I've been working with POV-ray (and other 3D
applications) for almost a decade, I wasn't commenting on your experience or
anything. I really /was/ expecting a big long resume of amazing projects,
not a vague link to the Mac POV-ray site. You should take comfort in the
fact that you actually convinced me you must be all-that!!! Hey, maybe you
still are.

I know how Illinois can make some people jaded, being born in Wisconsin. We
think it's all that flat land. But, you're all our |F|riendly |I|llinois
|B|uddie|s|. It looks like you went to a good school, though. Things'll work
out. Hang in there, buddy. You'll make a big splash and laugh at all this in
five or so years."

  If that's not insulting someone based solely on the fact that he
graduated in 2001, then what is?

> You are literally describing yourself and Thorsten. Whom am /I/
> disrespecting?

  You are disrespecting Thorsten, for instance. Just read your own text
above.

> It seems the both of you are interacting with some mental
> idea of what I am. And I think this mental idea is constucted to bolster
> your self-esteem.

  The mental idea is based on your C code, your opinions on programming
which you have presented here and your arrogant attitude towards people.

> >   If you start insulting people you are going to make them angry. There's
> > nothing odd about that.

> Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, Warp, can't you see you're arguing for me? It's
> amazing how many contridictions you guys put in your postings. It's what
> makes them so entertaining.

> And troll? Trolls don't post source code and answer questions. Look at your
> own responses to what I post and ask yourself who the trolls are.

  Blaming others for things you are being blamed is a typical braindead
troll technique and only shows that you lack the imagination of defending
yourself with rational and original arguments, besides being childish.

  5-year olds argue with "no, I'm not, you are!", not grown-ups.

  And yes, I am insulting you. I'm not even trying to deny that. You have
deserved to be insulted with your arrogant and hypocritical attitude.
But at least my insults are original and argumented, unlike yours.