POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Dan P
Date: 4 Feb 2004 09:48:17
Message: <40210631$1@news.povray.org>
news:4020bbb2@news.povray.org...
> Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > I looked you up and, wow, I didn't realize how fresh out of school you
were.
> > You graduated with a BS in 2001?
>
>   I got my MSc degree in computing science last summmer. Are you going
> to tell me I'm "fresh out of school" as well?

Now we're getting somewhere. You're telling me I should make assumptions
about your competence based on your experience. Well, I agree! Thank you for
arguing my point. Perhaps you'll remember that before passing judgment on my
competence without knowing anything about /me/ as well.

>   I don't understand how the date of your university graduation has to
> do anything with your experience in 3D programming. It tells nothing
> about how many years of experience you have (or even your age). Someone
> can perfectly have 20 years of experience in programming and then
> get a university degree. I don't see anything strange in that.

Nope. Neither did I. TF is 25, however, so if he has 20 years of programming
experience, that's one impressive kid. But, Mozart...

>   Your personal attacks are not wise. Do you think you are going to gain
> respect with that?

Who said I was interested in respect? Only a fool taps a dry well. Don't
internalize my intentions; I don't want what you want, nor would I care if I
had it. My intentions are to be part of a community of interest and help
others get better if I can. I walk into a room, try and help by
demonstrating a concept with C code, and get ripped apart (not your
critique, Warp, that was very helpful and added to the conversation) for
doing so, gaining all sorts of personal attacks. And now you think I'm naive
enough to expect /respect/?

It really shocks me how "logical" people are so driven by emotion. Shocks
and entertains.