POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Dan P
Date: 31 Jan 2004 20:36:30
Message: <401c581e$1@news.povray.org>
news:401c49e8$1@news.povray.org...
> FYI, for everybody reading this thread without a technical background:
>
> Do not take anything he says for fact; hardly anything is. There is no
point
> to argue on such a level and thus no reason to respond to him.

I fully support Thorsten in this claim. Now, Thorsten is going to teach you
all why I don't have a technical background by debunking what I have said:

1. SGI owns the trademark to OpenGL.
2. DirectX is a hardware abstraction layer that lets me exploit the
capabilities of my hardware for speed.
3. DirectX isn't only for games.
4. .NET is a wonderful thing.

Thorsten is interested in you understanding these things are wrong and why
the prove I'm not technical.
Unselfishly, he will lay out his claims for these things so that you don't
wind up like me: plonked.
He is interested in you understanding what the facts are so you will be
enlightened.

And remember: Thorsten is an important person.