POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Dan P
Date: 24 Jan 2004 23:24:31
Message: <401344ff$1@news.povray.org>
"dbwr" <dbw### [at] netzeronet> wrote in message news:40134384@news.povray.org...
> Been reading posts for months, and haven't seen this
> come up yet, but I'm sure someone has done this already.
> I want to input a series of  image_mapped  jpg/gif/etc within
> a scene - say 30 frames - to play on render plasma screen
> (similar to DESK.pov sample) as camera pans past.  I don't
> have the luxury of time like I used to, to figure these out.  POV
> user for at least 6 years though. (not a newbie)  Thanks for input.

When you specify your image_map file name, use concat(str1, str2) to build
it from the frame_number value. In your case, you could do something like
this:

    image_map
    {
        png concat("file_", str(frame_number, -3), ".png")
    }

Note: str(frame_number, -3) pads zeros, which most software does it saves
frames. Change it to the number of zeros it pads.

Note: concat takes any number of string arguments, all of which get pieced
together.