POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rendering a portion of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? : Re: Rendering a portion of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering a portion of an image to an output file doesnt quite work?
From: Chris Johnson
Date: 9 Dec 2003 20:22:24
Message: <3fd67550@news.povray.org>
-[Having only important rows makes it easy to glue list of images]-
But Pov-ray exports all the rows, not just the important ones.

-[You are probably GUI oriented]-
No, but carry on...

-[rendered parts are glued into resulting image using some single command
line like]-
That's fair enough, but the way pov-ray currently works requires extra
coordinates being maintained separately, since the y position of rendered
parts is "forgotten" by moving them all to zero. If I was writing a program
to glue images as you describe, and if pov-ray exported images in the
correct place, all I would have to do is allocate memory for the final image
size (found by looking at the size of any one of the parts) and then scan
each of the parts, copying to the allocated memory every pixel that was
opaque / non-black (depending on the image format).

With the current method, I would have to provide an extra file specifying in
what order the images came vertically, since I would not know just by
looking at the content of the files.

-Chris