POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rendering a portion of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? : Re: Rendering a portion of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering a portion of an image to an output file doesnt quite work?
From: Chris Johnson
Date: 8 Dec 2003 20:59:50
Message: <3fd52c96@news.povray.org>
Even so, putting the rendered part of the image where it would appear if the
full image had been rendered would not require any more memory or additional
information in the image file, since Pov-ray exports the full sized image
anyway. I have no problem with exporting a full size image with the
unrendered parts in black, but I still don't see the circumstance in which
having the part of the image that is rendered shifted by some amount is more
useful than having it in its original position. It's not as if one could
save file size this way by omitting the end bytes of the image, since in
most file formats this would be illegal anyway, and in formats that are
stored "upside-down" such as .bmp, the data comes at the end of the image
anyway.

Perhaps I just don't understand though...

-Chris