POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Finding an object=B4s location : Re: Finding an object=B4s location Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding an object=B4s location
From: Slime
Date: 17 Nov 2003 21:08:38
Message: <3fb97f26$1@news.povray.org>
> Is there any way to ask POV-Ray where exactly the last object is located?
> can find its location of course drawing triangles on paper ;-) but I am
> looking for some "magic" feature that writes the location directly to the
> message window or something else.

Instead of transforming the object directly, do this:

#declare trans = transformation {
rotate...
scale...
translate...
}

then, use transformation{ trans } to transform the object, and you can also
use the vtransform() function with the same transformation and find the
place where a certain point is transformed to.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]