POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rhinoceros trouble : Re: Rhinoceros trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rhinoceros trouble
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Sep 2003 18:29:20
Message: <3f6e2640$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3f6e1a36e195b7c52b651b550@news.povray.org> , "Asticles"
<bor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Hi! I work usually with Rhinoceros and I want to export my models to pov,

I don't really think this is a question for the advanced-users group.
p.general would have been a more appropriate place to ask this question, or
at least you should shape up your basic math knowledge a bit ;-)  Anyway...

> when Rhino describes a point uses a different notation than pov ie.
> 3.35017e-016 when the unit is small and pov uses for example 0.633884. So
> on the scene always I miss polygons, what can I do?

Scale up your scene inside POV-Ray (if you can't in your modeler).  The
notation isn't the problem.  It is what is actually being expressed, that is
3.35017e-16 is (don't make me count the zeros) 0.000000000000000335017.  So
it is simply *far* too small.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg