POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Powder? : Re: Powder? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Powder?
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 12 Sep 2003 04:15:52
Message: <3f6180b8$1@news.povray.org>
You don't really need a full heap of dust.
You could just have an adequate shape (made with height field for
example) and scatter some small elements on it's surface to give a
powder like look.

But for flour I would expect that it would be possible to do it with a
isosurface even with a height field generated after an isosurface (wich
would make it faster) and with a proper texture.

JC