POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Weird POV crash. ARGH! : Re: Weird POV crash. ARGH! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird POV crash. ARGH!
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 26 Aug 2003 19:01:22
Message: <3f4be6c2$2@news.povray.org>
This is probably caused by a slight misuse of the cutaway_texture feature.

The syntax of cutaway_textures allows you to create a situation where the
texture is undefined for a surface in the CSG object.  Unfortunately, POV
won't know this until render time, because POV doesn't pre-compute CSG
operations.  If POV were to decompose the CSG object into a mesh, for
example, it would be able to determine this situation before render-time.
When a Ray in POV hits a surface with an undefined texture at runtime, this
error message is generated.

The solution would be to carefully review the texture definitions and
applications for your objects that use the cutaway_textures feature.
Remeber that the default texture might not be applied for some objects
within the CSG object (otherwise cutaway_textures wouldn't work).  Make sure
every surface of your object will have a texture defined.

-Nathan