POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Weird POV crash. ARGH! : Re: Weird POV crash. ARGH! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird POV crash. ARGH!
From: J Random Raytracer
Date: 26 Aug 2003 12:21:55
Message: <3f4b8923@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message

> > POV took some 12M.
>
> Are you sure of that figure ? It seems very low for a radiosity scene
> requiring 40 hours to render and using several MB of meshes, image_maps
and
> such.  I know that in the past, POV-Ray running out of memory gave me some
> strange errors.

Well, it certainly was under 20M... I just restarted a continue of the scene
with a slightly modified scene to get rid of the cutaways. (fingers crossed)
And the several MB of meshes is just the file size on disk; in memory they
certainly should be much smaller!

And, getting a scene that takes lots and lots of hours to render is easy if
you're an isosurface freak like me, and put in enough many complex big glass
objects with interiors and fresnel reflections and other fun stuff. :-)
There's only 1200 frame level objects, so it's not that complex as scenes
go.

    'J.R.R'