POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Textured sky and radiosity : Re: Textured sky and radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured sky and radiosity
From: Tek
Date: 6 Aug 2003 16:23:32
Message: <3f3163c4$1@news.povray.org>
I agree with that, but with some clever scaling you can get pretty good effects
just using a sky sphere (look at my grassy julia picture for an example
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/finished/grassy.jpg).

Though you're right, a large sphere centered far below the scene is the most
realistic method.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com