POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question about scale & translation : Re: Question about scale & translation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about scale & translation
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 5 Aug 2003 14:17:48
Message: <3f2ff4cc@news.povray.org>
Sputnik,
I appreciate your advise. I have been working with Moray for a couple years,
and only use Povray directly when Moray cannot do the job. As an artist,
rather than a mathematician, my approach is backwards to most Pov purists, I
suppose. I get an inspiration for a scene, and then go about figuring out
how to achieve it, even if it involves things I'm not familiar with. I do
learn a lot this way, just a little out or order. If I attempted to go
through the Pov manual from start to finish, I would very quickly lose
interest an quit; that's just the way I am. I will, in the future, post my
sophomoric questions to the new users group. About the spline problem, I
figured out a completely different way to do it.
Thanks again,
Steve