POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes) : Re: Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes)
From:  !
Date: 30 Jul 2003 12:23:20
Message: <3f27f0f8@news.povray.org>
Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts
with me & the group!

I imagine your "main problem" (you mentioned below)
can be solved by simply making an intermediate program
which outputs a .POV input file - the "random" stuff can
then be hardcoded into the "POV" source, so there's no
need to work with complicated "rand()" formulas when
drawing stuff?

Anyhow - are you interested in having a go?  If you really
can't do "faces" - that's OK - so long as you can generate
"abstract" (or anything else) images which are sufficiently
distinct (given differing random input) that "Joe User" will
be able to choose one (out of 16 or so), and later remember
which one he chose - that's the essence of the system I'm
looking for.

As for rendering - the images will be presented to the user in
a grid (probably 16 at a time) - and will be small: postage-
stamp-sized, so I imagine a decent 3ghz pentium should be
able to draw these for moderate loads in near-real-time; and
if not, some kind of caching or pre-generation can easily be
worked out (or quality and image size could be reduced, or
more PCs thrown at the problem, or whatever...)

Chris.