POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rotating parallel to surface normal : Re: rotating parallel to surface normal Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rotating parallel to surface normal
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 27 Jul 2003 16:42:31
Message: <3f243937$1@news.povray.org>
Okay I tried it both ways, and I am getting the same result.  I think I see
where my problem is though.  If I only rotate on one axis, a view down that
axis looks right.  As soon as I put another axis into the rotation, it gets
messed up.  What I need to do is create a new axis after the first rotation
that is perpendicular to the vector after the initial rotation, then rotate
around that (if any of that makes any sense, my technical speaking skills
suck).  Anyhow, off to try that approach now.

--
Douglas C. Eichenberg
dou### [at] nlsnet