POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rotating parallel to surface normal : Re: rotating parallel to surface normal Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rotating parallel to surface normal
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 26 Jul 2003 13:43:09
Message: <3f22bdad$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the response Florian.  Not sure if that macro would work or
not... I may have found another solution.  My mistake (I think) was in
revolving around the x-axis... no need to do that.  Instead I do one
rotation on the z-axis, then another on the y-axis, then translate the
object.  Basically, this seems to mimic spherical polar coordinates.
Testing it now to see if it works.

--
Doug Eichenberg
www.getinfo.net/douge