POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes) : Re: Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 23 Jul 2003 11:25:26
Message: <3f1ea8e6$1@news.povray.org>
Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do, and it
isn't than complicated really. To take a string,
divide it into different parts, then use these
as base for the rand()-Stream, that's not
very difficult. Actually, I've done that for
years. But it would involve POV-Ray
as the raytracing engine.

I see a problem in the precalculation of
images. One could easily create tons of
abstract images based on a random-stream.
But generating images, like faces (though
cartoonish like ones would probably be
sufficient), isn't so easy to do. My main
problem is that there would have to be a routine
which will hand the string to the image-file.

For example, I could easily create some scene
which will take a certain file (like "keyword.inc")
which has a string inside (with quotes at beginning
and end, e.g. "thisisthekeyword") and render an
image from that. I could even take the keyword,
joggle it around and render a sequence of random
images directly (if file I/O is supported so that I can
keep an ever evolving random-number somewhere).

Another problem lies in the speed of rendering
with POV-Ray, which would mean that there'd
be either waiting when loading the password-screen,
or precalculation of images involved. You can
email me for details if you like, but I can't make promises
just yet.

Regards,
Tim

--