POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fat torii leave artifacts with CSG : Re: Fat torii leave artifacts with CSG Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fat torii leave artifacts with CSG
From: Hughes, B
Date: 17 Jul 2003 07:40:38
Message: <3f168b36@news.povray.org>
Multiply the sphere (you commented out) radius by 0.92 and it should be
okay. You weren't matching the inner torus nipple distance to the sphere's
radius. This was only a guess, of course.

I thought the problem might be about how the torus is internally bounded and
could have trouble with overlapping surfaces, inside/outside not being as
expected. Or even that the unit scale being used might be too small and
cause precision errors. But the above works.

I was about to go so far as to suggest poly or quartic shapes to mimic the
torus primitive but that doesn't seem necessary.

Bob H.