POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : low_error_factor in Radiosity : Re: low_error_factor in Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: low_error_factor in Radiosity
From: Mael
Date: 17 Jul 2003 05:43:58
Message: <3f166fde$1@news.povray.org>
> Hm. So the actual difference lies in the samples on the
> final trace. If always_sample would really kill samples on
> the final trace, then there'd be no difference, and the whole
> two-pass issue would be possible with one-pass.

I'm not sure but I think that the two-pass method works well precisely
because of the quite large number of samples disponibles (when averaged,
with the bigger error_bound, it smooths out possible errors). If you don't
have the samples from the final trace of the 1st pass you might loose the
benefit of the two-pass.