POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : low_error_factor in Radiosity : Re: low_error_factor in Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: low_error_factor in Radiosity
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 16 Jul 2003 11:53:00
Message: <3f1574dc$1@news.povray.org>

3f1545be@news.povray.org...
> from Gilles Tran (hm, come to think about it, I realize
> that I haven't mentioned that on my website yet...).

Don't mention me. It has been around for a while. All the following is IIRC
(the posts are buried in p.b.i) : Kari Kivisalo came up with the 2-pass
method because JRG was stuck with a rad scene involving glass. Jaime Vives
Piqueres discovered that having a first pass at a smaller resolution didn't
harm. Ingo also played with this for creative purposes etc.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com