POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay's Radiosity : Re: POVRay's Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay's Radiosity
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 13 Jul 2003 09:46:16
Message: <3f1162a8$1@news.povray.org>
Hm, can't seem to find any images with the web-interface,
and I haven't got all posts on my HD... :-)

Still, the note about using pretrace start and end of 1
was good, I'll fumble with that. And I didn't realize
that max_trace_level would be that important as well,
but you're right, again, I should've thought about that
earlier. Still, higher max_trace_level isn't needed
desperately, as you've surely noticed with my other
pics... But perhaps I can keep more detailed radiosity
with higher trace_level...

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> "Tim Nikias v2.0" wrote:
> >
> > What kind of settings? I've been experimenting all weekend
> > now. I've noticed that using pretrace_start .5 and pretrace_end .01
> > don't make a difference when compared to start and end at .01.
> >
> > If you know something we don't, then don't hold it back! :-)
>
> I have shown samples with the effect of rendering with and without
> pretrace before.  You will of course have difficulties to spot any
> differences when using high quality settings which lead to a very smooth
> lighting anyway.  For tracing without pretrace set both start and end to
> 1.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

---