POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Blue haze at the horizon? : Re: Blue haze at the horizon? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blue haze at the horizon?
From: Abe
Date: 1 Jul 2003 20:54:41
Message: <3f022d51@news.povray.org>
If you want to use media, try the following,

-use a container object for the media: this will allow you to control the
depth of the haze and I think it is faster than uncontained media.

- discard the sky_sphere: if the media is properly scaled it should not only
give a blueish cast to distant (dark) objects, but also provide the blue sky
color (against a black background). Here is where a container object can be
useful - a small media "depth" overhead and a greater "depth" at the horizon
can provide a nice color gradient.

- try using method 2 if you can get away with it, an set the sampling as low
as possible while still retaining image quality.

- also remember, lighter objects will generally tend towards red instead of
blue with distance. Absorption media would work here.

Abe