POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Jun 2003 07:29:15
Message: <3ef8360b$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3ef81d3f$1@news.povray.org> , squidian
<squ### [at] localhostlocaldomain>  wrote:

>>   Perhaps you should study how the global illumination algorithm used
>> in POV-Ray works before you talk about it.
>
>  As the algorithm sucks for animations what more is there to know and why
> should I stroke your all-knowing, all-seeing ego when I am right?
>
>  I have retested it without panning. Shall I upload it to show what I am
> talking about?
>
>  OTOH: You could have simply posted how to make radiosity work with
> animation and have been done with it. You did not. Therefore you do not
> know. QED

I strongly recommend you do not continue this way of discussion because you
really do not appear to know anything helpful about the topic being
discussed.  A prerequisite would be to "know" at least as much as the
documentation explains.  Having read previous replies to this thread, like
the one from Warp, could also have told you that your short comment might
not be a suitable answer.

This is povray.advanced-users, and if you don't understand something
discussed here there is no shame.  However, disrupting a discussion with
remarks of the kind you posted - which offer no help solving with the
problem a user is having and assume something the user has not said would be
his problem - is strongly discouraged!

    Thorsten Froehlich, POV-Team

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg