POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Amazon purchase opinions solicited... : Re: Amazon purchase opinions solicited... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazon purchase opinions solicited...
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 20 Jun 2003 03:30:51
Message: <3ef2b82b$1@news.povray.org>
I've bought "3D Computer Graphics" by Alan Watt
a couple of months ago. I've got to admit it has a lot
of nifty information, but it does focus more on
triangle-based rendering, rather than raytracing.
As for algebra, it covers the fundamental stuff very
nicely, and even some advanced stuff is explained.

Still, it's only an overview over what exists and
is possible today, if you want to create new stuff,
you still got to do your own work.

I'm not really sure what you're after though, but
IMHO: I'm using an algebra book which is filled
with formulae, and look up almost anything I don't
know, or search the web. Sure, it only gets you
through one problem at a time, but you learn more
and more as you go along.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde