POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Creating blurred image via textures...? : Re: Creating blurred image via textures...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating blurred image via textures...?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 18 Jun 2003 04:04:36
Message: <3ef01d14$1@news.povray.org>
Hm.. I don't understand what you're after.
What I'm doing now is take several pigments
and average them for the blurring effect. I then
wrap this into a function and apply my own
color_map. So I'm passing it through the function
like you suggested. Or am I misunderstanding
something?
Do note that I do need transparency based on
the brightness, so I'm not sure what you're after.
Are you suggesting I should use image_map function
to create an internal image-map, then pass that to
a function again, for me to apply the transparency?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde