POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Creating blurred image via textures...? : Re: Creating blurred image via textures...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating blurred image via textures...?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 17 Jun 2003 17:27:44
Message: <3eef87d0$1@news.povray.org>
:-)

I've found a way. I find it pretty neat, cause I
just LOVE when I can do all kinds of stuff with
POV alone...

What I do:
Render image with only specular highlights, rest
black.
Load that via image_map. Fiddle with patterns so
that I have the image_map only from <0,0,0> to
<1,1,0>, with an outer border in pure black.
This pigment is then translated around a circle
with quasi-even distribution (achieved using a
neat fibonacci-distribution method which requires
no heavy processing, but just a single float value
to generate position).
Voila! The image is blurred!
Now, since this blurs the main specular highlights away,
I just add another layer with the unblurred specular
highlights.
Done! I'll post a nice example shortly.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0