POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Image Enhancement : Re: Image Enhancement Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Enhancement
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 7 Jun 2003 14:42:24
Message: <3ee23210$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:

>You could use two triangles to form a rectangular
>section, and use UV-Mapping to stitch the corners
>of the image-map to the corners of the triangles.
>So, placing the triangles in any fashion will distort
>the image to your liking.

That was the second thing I tried...  this ends up with right sized
object, but there is a nasty UV-map artifact... somewhere I read a thread
about that for a trapezoid...

Currently I'm working on achieving this deform by setting up nested loops to
space vertexs in a mesh2 appropriatly, then UV-map the vertexs to the
pixel collors
read from the image map (via a function). I'm sure this will work, it
just seems like
overkill.

Tim Attwood