POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Texture transition : Texture transition Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:46 EDT (-0400)
  Texture transition
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 1 Jun 2003 16:42:24
Message: <3eda6530@news.povray.org>
If I use the "planar" map, I get a texture that goes from one colour, to
another, and back to the first again, creating a thin band of the alternate
colour. How do I make it so that everything above the line is one colour and
everything below it is another? (Still with the nice smooth transition in
between.)

What I want is for all points where y >= +100 to be red, all points where y
<= -100 to be blue, and the points inbetween to be linearly interpolated. I
can get red -> blue -> red, and I can get blue -> red -> blue, but how do I
get red -> blue?

Thanks.
Andrew.