POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A question of physics : Re: A question of physics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question of physics
From: Hughes, B
Date: 23 May 2003 06:15:28
Message: <3ecdf4c0@news.povray.org>
"sascha" <sas### [at] userssourceforgenet> wrote in message
> At school a teacher told us that reflection is caused if the surface is
> electroconductive

Interesting anyway. Seems this discussion is including refraction as being a
part of reflection, then I happened to think about how shallow angles cause
more reflection (Fresnel) and so could easily be thought of as a refractive
effect instead of purely a reflective one. That being to do with air or an
atmospheric effect anyhow. I don't know if this holds true for solid objects
and absolute voids (vacuum of space) or not. Never learned enough from
physics, myself, to know.

But going by what you said there, glancing lightwaves could be electrically
different than ones bouncing directly off of a surface.