POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Using Lathe objects as base for isosurface? : Using Lathe objects as base for isosurface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:21 EDT (-0400)
  Using Lathe objects as base for isosurface?
From: Hal Meyer
Date: 16 May 2003 16:57:51
Message: <3ec550cf$1@news.povray.org>
Is this possible? I have a beautiful antique lupe (Holmesian magnifying
glass) modelled, but the intricate texture of the handle is lost when there
is no direct illumination, as it uses a surface normal... radiosity is very
heavily used in this particular scene, so I was thinking... would it be
possible to do something like this:

    #declare fn_lathe = [some sort of lathe object def]
    #declare fn_pigment = [the pigment derived function]

And then do a run-of-the-mill isosurface using a pigment based function
subtracted from the base function, as I've done before per the POV docs.
Is this even feasible? TIA.