POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A question of physics : Re: A question of physics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question of physics
From: sascha
Date: 8 May 2003 08:03:38
Message: <3eba479a@news.povray.org>
At school a teacher told us that reflection is caused if the surface is
electroconductive (at the frequency of the light-wave). In that case it
will "short-circuit" the "electric part" of the wave (light is an
electromagnetic-wave) - because the electric and the magnetic vectors
are perpendicular the angle of reflection is equal to the angle of
incidence.

I have got no idea if this is true - could be complete nonsense...

-sascha