POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions : Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 May 2003 11:10:20
Message: <3eb67edc@news.povray.org>
In article <3eb2b23c@news.povray.org> , "Jaap Frank" <jjf### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:

> I know what you mean, but what I meant is that I think that in principal it
should
> be
> possible to do this with the program,  if it takes this possibility into
account.
> The program should be changed then of coarse. Maybe there are reasons that
> forbid this. I have tried to read the C-program, but it is to complex to
follow
> for me.

No, because the arrays only exist during parse time, while functions persist
until the end of the render.  Of course it can be done with various hacks
and changes or a million other ways, but that is not the point of anybody
here:  The point is that it is not implemented for reasons that have nothing
to do with the practical inability to implement it, which seems to be what
you keep thinking is the problem.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg